Re: [incubation] clarification request for when CQs are needed

Mark is asking specifically about a committer's contribution. No CLA is required in this case. Nor is it strictly required that a committer's contribution pass through Gerrit or Bugzilla.

The type of the content really doesn't matter. Content in markdown is considered intellectual property as much as software source code. The IP Due Diligence process applies in both cases. Having said that, the project website and wiki are a bit special. You don't generally require a CQ for website or wiki content. But, as Gunnar states, the Website Terms and Conditions apply.

I recommend checking with your PMC.

Gunnar, you are his PMC :-)

Wayne