Re: [incubation] Interim Release with Open CQs

I do think that enterprise and strategic members have man option to prioritize CQs they are interested in. That possibly has an effect on scheduling. See https://eclipse.org/membership/become_a_member/benefitsByMembership.php, starting with Enterprise Member it says "Intellectual Property Analysis and Reporting".

> But back to the original topic, Christopher’s question points at a real problem that projects with many external dependencies clearly suffer - I haven’t done any release for 1.5 years now, since there are long running CQs without an indication by when they might become approved.

Yes, this really is a problem. My favorite solution would be a turn over of the current process, i.e. instead of requiring the full IP process upfront for all projects before a release, let projects pick the level of IP process - such as an IP badge for projects and/or releases. I know that there is some discussion ongoing. For the time being, the "workaround" is to just have milestone releases. That does sound weird and your community might not like it as milestones do sound incomplete.

-Gunnar

Back to the top