Re: [incubation] Adding dependencies -- abbreviated instructions

Hi,

>> It's truly up to the Eclipse's IP Team,
> IIRC., it wasn't Legal who wanted those +1's, it was the PMCs who wanted to stay up to date with what their projects are going to use.

We had an interesting discussion in our last AC meeting. Some PMCs want more control over the project dependencies, others (most) don't care at all.

There are a few reason we believe the review of the PMC is still helpful, such as:
- avoid mistakes by new/unexperienced projects
- help projects identify the proper CQ type (for distribution, pre-req, works-with, re-use)
- avoid pollution of the IP work queue with unnecessary CQs

-Gunnar

Back to the top