Re: [ide-dev] [eclipse-dev] Request for Speakers, Eclipse IDE 2023-03 Webinar May 3

Hello,

I've added to the wiki a proposal about eclipseide-jdtls,
I suspect this can be the source of many Q&A (more precisely, i expect more strategical questions like "what does it mean for the future of JDT? Is there a plan of replacement? Who is contributing to what?..." (Spoiler alert: answers are "For the core part, this move is likely to grow the community, for the UI, it's up to JDT-UI community / no plan but eventually the goal is to make it a viable replacement and let the community decide what gets in default packages / Red Hat won't contribute to JDT-UI and bets on JDT-LS and underlying JDT-Core & Eclipse Platform, others may have chosen different strategies and may prefer investing in JDT-UI"). So if it seems worth having a longer Q&A session, I'd be fine being last and go over-time (max 15 more minutes) to discuss those.
One important criterion I want to emphasize, in case there are more proposals than slots is that this work is *not* part of the current Eclipse IDE/SimRel, and as you can see, it's currently not even an Eclipse.org project (and 2nd spoiler alert, it's not likely to become one until we see compelling reasons for a move or if there are active enough external contributors pressuring for the move).

Cheers,