Re: [ide-dev] Strange download numbers

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 3:59 PM Ed Merks <ed.merks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't think the installations created by installers are counted as updates...

Every p2 installation is supposed to be taken into account. Unless installer does disable download stats?

I don't know if the download counts next to each packages counts updates or only downloads.  Even installers can be download once and reused (and updated)...

IIRC it does count both installations via p2 and packages (which have become low since introduction of the installer).

I do know the numbers have looked like this for years so if something is strange its been strange for a very long time.

To be honest, they have been strange to me for a very long time. I just never cared enough to start the discussion.

Back to the top