Re: [ide-dev] Fwd: [eclipse-dev] Eclipse IDE downloads increased significantly

Mickael, thanks for posting.

And Lars, thanks for putting out the blog about this increase.

I asked our web team to dig into the numbers as it seems like they are unusually high, and the increase is just too far out of the norm.

Turns out there was a bug that resulted in the automated count being significantly higher than it ought to have been.  I’ve posted the results of their analysis below. The details describing the process are on this bug.

===================
5.1M install for the Eclipse Installer is incorrect. The actual number is almost half:

/oomph/epp/2019-06/R/eclipse-inst-win64.exe 2,259,004
/oomph/epp/2019-06/R/eclipse-inst-mac64.dmg 220,191
/oomph/epp/2019-06/R/eclipse-inst-linux64.tar.gz 194,110

Total count: 2,673,305

On behalf of our team, I apologize that we published incorrect numbers, and that we didn’t notice the error until now.

The error has been corrected, and the analysis shows what we believe to be an accurate result.

Thanks
Paul

Paul White
VP, Member Services | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
paul.white@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+1.613.852.4303 (mobile)