Re: [ide-dev] Interesting tweet about perfs

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 4:27 PM Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Please have a look to https://twitter.com/lukaseder/status/1088091570950291458 . I have tried locally, and could also feel an improvement at startup (~1 minute turned into 30+ seconds, but it could be luck).
Can some of you please give it a try as well? Just add the suggested flag as -vmargs in eclipse.ini and compare startup time or other "measurable" operations with/without it.
If the results are generally positive, we should think of a strategy to pre-set this flag (and some other "factory" flags that have influence so early) in the IDE.

is there a way to trace the startup time ?

-MatthiasĀ

Back to the top