Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. November 2018 um 10:09 Uhr
Von: "Gunnar Wagenknecht" <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: "Discussions about the IDE" <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [ide-dev] Eclipse is more memory-efficient than Intellij
Oh, I would be *very* careful with that. I can backfire quickly. :)

The author didn't disclose what Eclipse package is used. It could be a very basic Eclipse package. He is comparing it with Intellij Ultimate edition. I'm not sure about the value of this a comparison.

The author is also not disclosing details of the project setup. For example, was it a vanilla JDT project or a Maven project with M2E? Was there any Webtool extension/nature associated with it? I would expect the memory profile to be very different just between the three I mentioned.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/