Re: [ide-dev] Photon IDE, by Eclipse

Picking a name clearly needs to be carefully decided if that's going to be a new brand...

And since you bring up the versioning thing, if I were voting on the Java's new "improved" versioning also based on a  <yy>.<mm> versioning scheme, I would give it -1000 as well.  What a nightmare!  I asked at Donald Smiths talk at EclipseCon: "What if the release slips by a month, might 18.4 end up being the next Java version" and the answer was "yes."   So one can't really anticipate with 100% confidence the next version number of Java.   Perhaps semantic versions are completely irrelevant because of course in 2101 we'll want to release Java 101.3 along with Eclipse 101.6, or we should assume long term irrelevance...