Re: [ide-dev] a "Preview" view anywhere in Eclipse IDE?

Hi

(Presumably by "rendered" file as one type, you meant "rendered" file as a further view.)

Yes, but of course a good idea spurs many further possibilities.

- I would call it "Derived View" and allow more than one. For an edited OCL file, there are two alternate abstract syntax trees, which could be rendered as trees/XMI text/....)

- What about synchronization?

Mylyn wikitext provides what you talk about, but it is disappointing that the rendered 'HTML' is not editable. You need some kind of traceability to allow at least simple edits, such as String change to back propagate.

Many years ago, I tried to create a multi-page editor in which a text sheet supported text editing and a GEF sheet gave a graphical equivalent. It was really hard; the platform support for multiple pages, particularly graphical pages, seemed missing. I suspect that an SVG edit would require exactly this kind of text/graphic multi-sheet.

    Regards

        Ed Willink