Re: [ide-dev] Mis-Leading Marketplace Proposals

IMHO, this is just another example of where our lack of architectural control feeds the tragedy of the commons. There really should be a central body that approves these things. I guess for now, for jar files, Gunnar will have to do ;)

Doug.

From: <ide-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 8:53 AM
To: Discussions about the IDE <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ide-dev] Mis-Leading Marketplace Proposals

All,

We have this great feature in the IDE that let users search for plug-ins for unknown file extensions. I discovered a flaw today. IMHO we are making unhelpful proposals.

I was double clicking a jar file. Non of the proposals actually provides an editor for browsing/viewing inspecting the content of the jar file. I don't believe that is the intention of the feature. Any ideas how this could be mitigated?

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/