Re: [ide-dev] Auto content assist

There are bugs regarding this topic. General one and a JDT specific one. In JDT you can actually enable this by entering all characters as auto activation triggers. Not sure CDT offers that too.

From:        "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Discussions about the IDE <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        21.04.2017 10:15
Subject:        Re: [ide-dev] Auto content assist
Sent by:        ide-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Good point Doug.
Do we already have a Bugzilla for auto-timed content assist ?
Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River
From: <ide-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
IDE <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Friday 21 April 2017 at 04:25
IDE <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
[ide-dev] Auto content assist

Just had to share this. I’ve been using Visual Studio Code for some Typescript work I’ve been doing. It’s pretty good for that at least.
Then I switched back to Eclipse to do some CDT work and typed the beginning of an identifier and expected content assist to just pop up. I forgot that I had to ask the editor to pop it up for me. Auto content assist is one of those features that once you start using it just becomes natural.
ide-dev mailing list