Re: [ide-dev] -7.5% absolute, -14% relative user loss this year

Thanks, Mickael.

Sad stats. if we lost market shares (1), we should improve (2) and innovate (3).

1. Probably we can't compete with Intelli-J on the android development.

2. We can improve Eclipse WTP to improve the web development experience. This is where we lost part of the users, in favor of webstorm and netbeans.

3. We could gain users proposing a new offer: a lightweight Eclipse IDE integrated with LSP-editors and cloud IDEs.
   - Eclipse Two is a good point to start, where we could plug CEF, (or Electron #?) and LSP4E based editors.
   - Also, Chromium Embedded will give us a chance to re-think E4 RCP applications. (A chromium-based framework, which can run RCP Plugins?)

Best regards,
Patrik Suzzi
Platform UI Committer