[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ide-dev] Beware MSFT bullshit
- From: Carsten Reckord <reckord@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 17:08:49 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US, de-DE
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AQHSoUm5LI7nSBGMnEeVRTnAnCuD6KGdtXOAgAE5WQCAAGNNgIAAIJmAgAAGHoCAAAvHAIAAFPIAgAAJqwCAAXb38A==
- Thread-topic: [ide-dev] Beware MSFT bullshit
> +1, actually fix the issues that vscode is solving would be the
> right answer to this kind of fud.
> Which are the main issues you have in mind?
From reading that article, I'd say having very easy access to very basic support for a lot of languages - like basic syntax highlighting and word/dictionary based completion. Seems like we're losing ground not to more sophisticated IDEs, but to much simpler editors. Better specialized language support can still build on that or supercede it later with the full monty, LSP and everything...
I guess TM4E together with the generic editor would be the way to go, if we could support users directly adding Textmate grammars, instead of installing "heavyweight" plug-ins.