Why do I have to log in, before I can use my (desktop) IDE?
Here's what I see:
- I live on Linux where Eclipse's secure storage is not backed by any
but requires manually entering the password.
- I install Eclipse for simrel via Oomph.
- First thing Eclipse asks me before even doing anything is to enter my
for secure storage.
I don't like this for several reasons:
- I tend to use a good password for secure storage, so having to type
password is a real disruption. I have to concentrate on s.t. that is
not my main
focus of work.
- That dialog doesn't give the faintest hint as to *why* my password is
- Even considering the specific purpose of the setup for Simrel
I cannot think of any reason why my password should be required.
I would be *a lot happier* with the Eclipse IDE if some or all of the
following would change:
- No password dialog without specifying a reason
- No password dialog from background jobs, ever.
- No component requesting access to secure storage in an Oomph setup
where this isn't needed.
Is it just me? How do others feel about this?
ide-dev mailing list
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe
from this list, visit