Re: [ide-dev] Interest in conference calls?

On 11/10/2016 06:19 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
 have regular times where we can get together on the phone and chat about these things
[...]
As a start, would people here be interested in regular conference calls? We should be able to grab a channel on the Eclipse conference server. We could at least start with one and see if we find value in it.
To be honest, I don't like much calls and other meetings on strict timeframes. I'd rather stick to good all textual and asynchronous communication channels, that integrate much better in my professional and personal life; and which come with the huge advantage of being tracked and archived by default, without requiring to write minutes and other stuff.
If you want to set up some heartbeats, then just asking for what's new/done/ongoing/blocking every 2 weeks by email on a mailing-list could be enough and better structured.

give presentations and demos, and create a greater buzz and hopefully grow our numbers.
+1, creating good technical content is definitely one of the ways to make things successful.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top