Re: [ide-dev] Java IDEs comparison

----- Original Message -----

I'm not questioning the need for theming but doing it one layer above the UI toolkit doesn't work well. Please see https://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/news/4.7/M2/#Platform-Dev for things added to give access to GTK CSS engine. Theming capabilities should be provided at the level where you have control over the whole drawing to get best results. If there are any Win32/Cocoa knowledgeable persons willing to work on providing a unified API at SWT level we can achieve a lot. I'm not looking over having Eclipse CSS engine with all the maintenance burden and instability coming it but I'm looking towards exposing underlying OS UI toolkit theming engine for that work.