Re: [ide-dev] Java IDEs comparison

On 09/07/2016 05:38 PM, Carsten Reckord wrote:
1. Consistency: [...] there are many (small but annoying) UX differences between different editors and language scopes in Eclipse.

I wonder what's the role of existing guidelines, in particular:
  https://wiki.eclipse.org/User_Interface_Guidelines

Is everybody working on UI aware of these?

Are these guidelines still up-to-date?

Do we need more guidelines (so that everybody can follow his/her own :p )?

Are these guidelines lacking advice for certain UI aspects? If so, which?

Are we lacking a UI guideline police (and courts)?

Stephan

Back to the top