My concern is that we continue to allow Eclipse to be presented as slow / buggy when we all know that this is not the case. In fact the 'Zero Latency' tests show that eclipse is in general faster than Intellij, why does nobody point this out ?

Onwards,
Eric

Inactive hide details for Mickael Istria ---09/07/2016 09:51:58 AM---http://www.itworld.com/article/3114167/development-tools/cMickael Istria ---09/07/2016 09:51:58 AM---http://www.itworld.com/article/3114167/development-tools/choosing-your-java-ide.html#tk.rss_opensour

From: Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Discussions about the IDE'" <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/07/2016 09:51 AM
Subject: [ide-dev] Java IDEs comparison
Sent by: ide-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.itworld.com/article/3114167/development-tools/choosing-your-java-ide.html#tk.rss_opensourcetools

Nothing really new out there.

It's surprising how the code completion of IntelliJ (checking target type, frequency of calls, chain completion...) is still listed as better than the one in Eclipse IDE. Wasn't Code Recommender providing that in all Java-based packages?
Also, it's strange that IJ is congratulated for its "Polyglot development", where the Eclipse ecosystem has a much better offering. The reason is probably that people compare IDEs as they're shipped, not ecosystem.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at