|Re: [ide-dev] Respinning Mars.2 with GTK2 by default|
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Bruno Medeiros" <bruno.do.medeiros@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: "Discussions about the IDE" <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
The later cause the former is fast fixed. In Ubuntu you have:> Sent: Wednesday, 4 May, 2016 6:59:49 PM
> Subject: Re: [ide-dev] Respinning Mars.2 with GTK2 by default
> "SWT on GTK3 on Ubuntu is broken (many reasons described in the bug) "
> Is that because SWT relies on some GTK internals, and Ubuntu breaks those
> internals? Or because Ubuntu actually breaks some non-internal aspects of
> the GTK API?
* menuproxy breaking menu accelerators
* liboverlay-scrollbar used to break scrolling and drawing (has been disabled in equinox launcher for some time and should be gone in latest ubuntu version)
* a gtk 3 theme which doesn't ship dark variant making https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkSettings.html#GtkSettings--gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme a no-op and thus scrollbars,menues, window decorations and others not styled properly
* a gtk 3 theme that doesn't gray out(or mark in some other way) disabled buttons - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=492354
* a gtk 3 theme that either use backdrop style too much or does it inconsistently leading to https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=466515
And this is just from top of my head if you look into bz you'll find a number of others. Haven't heard any of these come from non Ubuntu user and even Ubuntu user don't get them when they switch to use gnome-shell instead of unity and adwaita theme.
> ide-dev mailing list
> To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from
> this list, visit
Red Hat Eclipse team
ide-dev mailing list
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit