Re: [ide-dev] Dropping the release names (Neon, Oxygen) from user downloads

But seriously, do you think our users are too stupid to correlate "16"
with "2016"?
In the past, I've been stupid enough to not correlate Ubuntu 10.04 with
the release date; I just thought it was a version and didn't get it's
semantic. I may be the only one that was stupid once, but unfortunately,
I tend to believe that if one person was stupid on something, it's
likely that many other can be, and that it's actually the thing in
question that is stupid ;)

Since I never figured that one out until now, I must be at least as stupid. (But then, I don't really keep up to date with my Ubuntu releases and always struggle to find out the mapping between their code name and numeric version...)

Back to the top