Re: [ide-dev] Dropping the release names (Neon, Oxygen) from user downloads

On 29 Apr 2016, at 10:10, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On the other end, having the year makes it obvious when a yearly-released software is too old and should be updated.

Ok, I'd like to challenge this argument a bit more ... Given your argument - isn't there a risk by people not updating to any ".x" release because "oh - 2016 that's recent; no need to update".

But seriously, do you think our users are too stupid to correlate "16" with "2016"?

Here is an experiment - any Chrome users out there? Who can tell me the last time they looked at the version number of their browser to see if their browser is old?

-Gunnar

Back to the top