Re: [ide-dev] Dropping the release names (Neon, Oxygen) from user downloads

I would prefer a "real" date. Let's assume we release June, August and April we would have:

16.06
16.10
17.04
17.06
17.10

This reflects IMHO more the idea that "service" releases have been replaced with releases which can provide new functionality.

@Andrey, the release names are not decided by the top-level Eclipse PMC, I think the planning consil is responsible for that.