Re: [ide-dev] Dropping the release names (Neon, Oxygen) from user downloads

On 04/29/2016 10:04 AM, Gunnar Wagenknecht wrote:
IMHO, the 20 is unnecessary and adds clutter. I also think the year scheme feels dated. Yes, I do not worry about the year 2100. :)
On the other end, having the year makes it obvious when a yearly-released software is too old and should be updated.
Whereas there are chances that if we go for xx.y version, the correlation between the version and the year won't be immediate and some people will fail at understanding when to consider update.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top