Re: [ide-dev] Dropping the release names (Neon, Oxygen) from user downloads

On 28-Apr-2016, at 11:24 AM, Doug Schaefer <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The June release, where major version changes are allowed for plug-ins would not be 2017.2. It would mark the first of the releases in that year and would be just 2017. My point was you can't name the minor releases that occur in the next year by the year they release in, but what they update. And that could cause confusion.

Could we consider moving the big release date from June to January?  We already have slow-down period in the weeks before the big release, and we could do that for Dec 15.  The big release would be first Monday in January.

Brian.

Back to the top