Re: [ide-dev] Fw: Che as an alternative to IntelliJ...

On the ground, there is still immense popularity for the Eclipse IDE. I wouldn't be too afraid about other choices impacting that. I'm more worried about Sublime.

I am amused that while I see developers scrambling to get the cloud running on their desktops with Vagrant, boot2docker, etc, the IDE industry keeps trying to get developers to move their IDEs up to the cloud.

IMHO, the only thing we're really missing in the Eclipse IDE is a remote Java launch story and I have that on my to do list to help with the cloud projects my team is working on. We've gotten pretty good at that in the embedded and mobile worlds.

Doug.