Re: [ide-dev] Widget and Utils contribution

Thomas,

What you'd need to do is propose a project to contain this work and build a community around it. Note that there are already several projects/frameworks at Eclipse that provide similar facilities... Sapphire [1], EEF [2] and Scout [3].

PDE editor was written well before any of these frameworks existed. You may find that re-basing the new PDT editor on one of the existing frameworks to be cheaper in the long term than creating and maintaining a new framework.

Thanks,

- Konstantin

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/sapphire/

[2] https://eclipse.org/modeling/emft/?project=eef