Re: [ide-dev] Survey for IDE feature enhancements

On 11/27/2013 02:57 PM, Oberhuber, Martin wrote:

It’s better to make it easier fit a user’s situation (type a or type b, and allow easy turn-off of individual warnings that annoy me).

I don't get the comment. JDT has already allowed to enable/disable warnings for years. What do you think is missing to end-users when it comes to configuring warnings?

Rather than investing too much into a good single default.

Some (I tend to believe "many", but I have no proof) users stick to default, and default configuration is what provides the first experience and opinion on the package. Default behaviour and first experience is something that has to be polished when it comes to delivering a product. This ide-dev ML is all about improving the User Experience for the Eclipse IDE by improving content of package, default configuration, identifying the hot spots to improve all IDE-related projects... Investing in choosing best, or should we say to find out what IDE users think is best, defaults is IMO a very relevant action in this context.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top