Re: [ide-dev] Survey for IDE feature enhancements

On 11/20/2013 06:16 PM, Henrik Rentz-Reichert wrote:
well, if you are striving for a clean build (not only in terms of errors but also with respect to warnings) you will have to turn those options off...
Nevertheless we should choose sensible defaults that don't force the majority of users to switch them off.
The warning is pre-existing in your code, switching analysis off is just hiding them, not removing them.
And once you get used to warning reports, it's easy to write code without any warning even with JDT in "all warnings mode".

Anyway, I still think it's still a valid question for the community. People working in embedded Java, high-performance or who are just sensible to the benefits of static analysis might like to see all warnings on by default. I recommend this very interesting presentation http://www.eclipsecon.org/2012/sessions/how-profit-static-analysis .
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top