Re: [ide-dev] Getting feedback on IDE

To clarify my intentions, I have a number of code pieces in CDT that can be reused by other IDE projects. I don’t want to put them in the platform because, the committers there have me convinced (directly and indirectly) that IDE things don’t really belong there.

So if we have a home for “Goodies”, I would look to put the CDT things there as well. And then there’s the things we need to share, like a good multi-language framework. Or an editor with easily configurable highlighting for new languages. EPP is just the wrong end of the stack for these things IMHO.

Doug.

From: Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 1:31 PM
To: "ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ide-dev] Getting feedback on IDE

I went back and forth a bit on it. The installer and UDC are both EPP components. Marketplace is a subproject.

I'll admit that it doesn't feel quite right to have all the package maintainers with commit access to components like this, but there is some precedent for projects using social convention to manage who should be working in what area...

I'm not convinced of the "Goodies" project. The discussion around Workplace Mechanic changed my mind. I can be reconvinced.

Wayne