Re: [ide-dev] Getting feedback on IDE

On 11/19/2013 03:14 PM, Mike Milinkovich wrote:
it's even possible that those flips could happen in EPP rather than JDT.
RCP apps are based on projects, not on EPP. So changing stuff in EPP wouldn't automatically cascade changes to other Eclipse-based IDE, which is a pity.
If Eclipse IDE starts this initiative to review its default configuration and improve it, I really hope all RCP applications would leverage those efforts and improvements transparently. IMO, such changes have to happen directly in project for better factorization.

Note that I'm only speaking of currently existing preferences, which should not require huge manpower to be flipped anyway.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top