Re: [ide-dev] IDE working group questions

Well, I'm not going to argue there. Just call it being pragmatic. If we followed the rule and removed the code, CDT users wouldn't be able to build any more. Not sure that's a good thing. And if I understand the situation, PDE would be removed as well and we'd no longer be able to create plug-ins.

What it does is give committers the opportunity to learn new areas. I have no problem with it. They're great developers and I trust them to do the right thing. That's what meritocracy is all about.

:D

From: Konstantin Komissarchik <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, 21 October, 2013 6:14 PM
To: 'Discussions about the IDE' <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ide-dev] IDE working group questions

But why should there be a shortcut for a CDT committer in an unrelated area to fix an issue in a component they never worked on? Why shouldn’t the inactive component trigger the alarms built into EDP, so that questions can be asked whether their inactive state is the result of maturity or the result of abandonment? Based on your description it sounds like mega-projects are a scheme designed to defeat the process (EDP), which is how I tend to view them. J

- Konstantin