Re: [ide-dev] [Crazy Idea] Humble Eclipse Bundle

Am 18.10.2013 um 12:56 schrieb Cédric Brun <cedric.brun@xxxxxxx>:
> I find the idea of "let's make the member companies, which are already paying big bucks and time to the Eclipse projects, which have their own agenda and business model which is often building (and sometime sell) a better IDE than the Eclipse one, to fund this work" quite ... twisted.

The IDE working group neither expects nor requires existing members to pay for this. I hope to attract companies that wish to fund but don't know who and how. However, the way Industry Working Groups work is that only Eclipse Members can participate. This is kind of a chicken and egg, which is solved by making any funding member of the working group also a member of the Eclipse Foundation. So out of the money the pay, some goes straight to the EF for membership. I think that's not too bad because it ensures that the infrastructure is properly funded as well.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx