Re: [ide-dev] IDE working group [WAS: Improving Eclipse JDT - Ecosystem]

Am 16.10.2013 um 17:54 schrieb Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I don't think we should ease the process and give that student platform commit rights because they are 'funded'.

Just to be clear … that is regulated by the EDP. The charter of the IDEWG references the EDP and makes no such assumption at all.

However, I like long term resource funding because that actually allows them to develop a good relationship with projects. Overtime, such a relationship might turn into a committer status (as regulated by the EDP, based on contributions, etc.). When the IDEWG continues to provide sustainable funding for this resource, we could end up with having a developer that is a committer on multiple projects and acts like a project-contribution communication and review gate. Just saying.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx