Konstantin WRT to part time vs. full-time committers, again, I don't honestly think it really matters all that much -- or it shouldn't and if it does we should work to fix it. With Gerrit, it is much more of an equal playing field. That might not be quite true in platform yet, but with Mylyn at least the process is really a difference of degree rather than kind these days. e.g. it might take a bit longer and reviewers might be a little (heh) more painstaking on the review but the overall process for commiters and non-committers is fundamentally the same. Really! :D

cheers,

Miles

On 2013-09-23, at 9:02 AM, Konstantin Komissarchik <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The assumption behind having Eclipse Foundation hire developers is that they would concentrate on a handful of core projects and as the result of this full time focus rapidly earn the committer rights through the usual process. The dynamic for part-time contributors is quite different.

Miles T. Parker | Tasktop Labs | Tasktop Technologies
skype: milestravisparker  | web: http://tasktop.com  | blog: http://milesparker.blogspot.com

Committer: Eclipse Mylyn Reviews, R4E, Virgo
Lead: Eclipse Mylyn MFT, AMP

Are you passionate about innovation and excellence and interested in joining our team? Tasktop, voted one of the Best Companies to Work for in British Columbia, is hiring!

Back to the top