Re: [ide-dev] Resource Management thoughts

On 09/12/2013 10:34 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
As an early part of e4, we talked about flexible resources as a thing. In particular, coming from other IDEs, it's pretty frustrating that Eclipse doesn't have the concept of "Solution"s, to steal the Visual Studio term, or projects that have a mapping from physical file to virtual folder layout you'd see in the project navigator.
Isn't it something the Common Navigator Framework already allows?
For the example of a Java class (which is a single file), Project Navigator  see in project folder some children (methods & so on) which are not physical nodes on filesystem. So if I understand correctly, Java File would be the "Solution" and its elements would be "virtual children".
What is missing with this implementation to implement the concept of "Solution" ?

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top