Re: [ide-dev] Eclipse Languages Symposium/IDE Project?

Hi all,

Maybe you are not aware that, "LDT" name is already used for the Lua Development Toolkit, a sub project of Koneki. We have some plans to extract the pure Lua tooling from Koneki as a self project. In facts, Koneki is massively oriented on M2M topics and it could make sense to separate M2M matters to pure Lua matters. So obviously, we can have a name collision with the proposed "Language Development Toolkit".

The Lua tooling is heavily build on top of the DLTK framework. But by adding more features and customization, the DLTK framework start to show us his flexibility limits, and a couple of times we have copied some code from JDT to re-implement some features. Switching from DLTK to more generic language framework could be the next big step of the Lua tooling.

As Lua have a seamless interoperability with the C, we start thinking about a multi-language IDE. In this way, multi-language projects or enhanced relationship between projects using different languages could be interesting. But, I am not sure is this is in the scope of the actual proposal.

Marc Aubry

: Andrew Eisenberg <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>