Re: [ide-dev] Eclipse Languages Symposium/IDE Project?

So, I wonder if we should be considering forming an Eclipse Project around all this. And silly enough, calling it the Eclipse IDE project so we can keep using this mailing list and the web site (which is Coming Soon, BTW). We could cover this cross-language framework, an Eclipse IDE installer that Mike M was thinking of, and anything else IDE related that no one else is doing. Plus form a central gathering post for all the related projects (kinda like CDT is with PTP, TM, and LinuxTools). Or is this too much?
IMO, LTK is the right place. But it seems currently to be a Platform Component. It would make sense to move it as a project as part of the "Tools" container (it would also make sense to do the same for JDT by the way).
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top