Re: [henshin-user] Rule application via GUI ->OK, via API -> error

Hi Jens,

my first guess would have been the checkDangling flag, but you've ruled that our already. Still, we recently fixed a bug in the context of the dangling condition that could be a problem in your scenario too. The problem was that *derived* dangling edges should be ignored. This was fixed here: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/56243/

You could check whether this fixes also your problem (the fix is merged to the master branch). If it does not help, you could send us a minimal runnable example (Input model + Java code). Then we can try to debug it. Also: you can try to find matches of the rule first, e.g. with InterpreterUtil.findAllMatches() and print them.

Cheers,
Christian

Hello everyone,

I want to do manipulations of UML state machines using UML stereotypes.

I actually have a problem: a given transformation rule runs fine if I apply it using the GUI (right-click on the transformation file with "Henshin->Apply Transformation", but if I apply the rule using the Henshin API, it fails (the execute method of RuleApplication returns false).

My test UML model features a state machine which also has a transition called "hier" and the stereotype "ensureRole" attached, as requested.

My code works fine with other transformation models. The error only occurs when *deleting* the stereotype. I just need to change the action to *create* and the rule instantly can be executed without errors.

I created a fresh Henshin transformation model (see attachement). The problem persists. Setting checkDangling to false makes no difference either.

Any suggestions?

Jens
--
Dipl.-Inf Jens Bürger