[handly-dev] A milestone build of Handly 1.0

Greetings handly-dev,

I'm very pleased to announce the availability of a milestone build that represents an attempt at API and feature freeze towards the 1.0 release, which, if all goes well, will coincide with Eclipse Photon. Early adopters are most welcome to check out and comment on this milestone build.

Update Site:
http://download.eclipse.org/handly/drops/1.0M1/repository

Archived Repository:
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/handly/drops/1.0M1/handly-repository-incubation-1.0M1.zip

Archived Javadoc:
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/handly/drops/1.0M1/handly-javadoc-incubation-1.0M1.zip

Issues Targeted by the 1.0 Release:
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.handly/releases/1.0/bugs

New and Noteworthy:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Handly/New_and_Noteworthy/1.0

Migration Guide:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Handly/Migration/1.0

Overall, the project code has reached a level of API stability and implementation quality that would be required for a 1.0 release. That's why we opted for and are aiming at the 1.0 release in place of the previously planned 0.9. However, a small group of bundles related to UI will still be versioned as 0.9 to indicate a slim chance that their API may still change in a breaking way.

A combined Release/Graduation review has been scheduled to conclude on June 6:
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.handly/reviews/1.0-release-review

Best regards,
Vladimir

Back to the top