Re: [handly-dev] Handly 0.3 release review materials

On 20 May 2015, at 16:28, Vladimir Piskarev <pisv@xxxxx> wrote:

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for the feedback! Please see my comments inlined.

the notes are short but okay for 0.3 release. I'd prefer a short bullet list about what changed from 0.2.x to 0.3. to make clear how much / where progress was made. But that's just my view.

I thought it was in the release description, though not as a bullet list. The detailed bullet list is on the other page, in "Themes”

https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.handly/releases/0.3/plan

That's how PMI seems to like it (it says: "Keep this description concise. Use the themes connected to this release to expand on the ideas introduced in the description.”)

Correct. My bad. Sorry.

Using links in all reference sections would be nice.

Indeed, PMI was not automatically converting URLs to links. I've fixed that by hand. Thanks for pointing it out.

TY.

Is there an overview / vision of what needs to be achieved to make a 1.0 release?

Yes, here it is: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/782638/

In short, to make a 1.0 release, we need a broader community feedback and more confidence in the API.

TY. The writeup makes sense.

+1 :-)

Best,
Marcel