Re: [flux-dev] [flux][che]Adding a new message type

Hi,
 Noted with thanks. I'll try to do that. :)

Thanks,

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Martin Lippert <mlippert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey!

So code-wise you need to add new message types to those files and run the server.

If you would like others to consume and run your version from code, then you can either fork the project and provide your own forked version of it and submit a pull request with those changes.

The prototype wasn’t designed with extensibility in mind, therefore it is not easily possible to add those new message types.
But if you want to, you could change that. For example by having a configuration file that contains all the message types. Then the flux server could read that file and configure the messaging according to that file. Then people could provide their own config file when running the server, for example. I think this would be a much better solution - and an awesome PR… :-)

What do you think?

Cheers,
-Martin