Re: [flux-dev] Problem encountered while running flux

The Chrome debug does said that:
Failed to load '' as a plugin, because the frame into which the plugin is loading is sandboxed.(anonymous function) @ socket.io.js:2695

I'm not sure if this is the case.

Xin Wei

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 3:13 AM, Martin Lippert <mlippert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey Xin,

>     When I was running flux, I encountered a problem. I ran flux as an Eclipse application and I created a test project inside the eclipse, then I connected it to flux. However, when I opened localhost:3000, the flux UI should just fine, but I cannot see my local project under the directory. And when I tried to create a new folder from the browser editor, the node server gave a 404 error.

We never implemented the necessary parts to create folders and files from the web UI. Those bits of the web UI that we inherit from using parts of Orion are missing the requited implementation in the plugin for Orion that serves as a file system for Orion and syncs back those new bits and pieces to Flux. It would be great to fill those missing bits over time. But for that case, me might also need to update the Orion bits to the latest versions of Orion, which is a totally different piece of work.

The issue with not seeing anything that you connected to Flux from the Eclipse plugin sounds like a different problem. I am not sure what exactly is causing this, since that is the use case that this prototype was implemented for.
You run the Flux server locally, then you connect a project in Eclipse to that Flux system, and open a browser to use that.

Did you configure the correct Flux server URL in the Eclipse plugin (and restart Eclipse)?
If so, I would watch the log output on the server process to see if any message from the Eclipse plugin arrives and vice versa. If that is the case, I would open the Chrome Devtools in the browser (in case you use Chrome, or Firebug for Firefox, or whatever) and debug the client side to see if the correct messages arrive (basically if you get any meaningful response from Flux).

This Flux is based on asynchronous messaging, debugging this could be a bit challenging… :-)

Hope this helps!!!

Cheers,
-Martin