Re: [equinox-dev] [p2] How to use director/mirror app against an RCP as p2 repo

In the IDE, this works directly: In "Install new software", you can use the P2 profile directory inside of another Eclipse installation as your repository location and install from there. E.g. <eclipse>/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine/profileRegistry/SDKProfile.profile

I'm not sure how the director/mirror app handle this - they seem to be more picky and have fewer heuristics. So I could imagine that in order to get it to work, you might need to specify artifact and metadata repositories separately. In that case, I would assume that the profile directory should work as the metadata repo, while the Eclipse installation directory (or your bundle pool location) would be your artifact repo. This is all guess work though, and I didn't try it myself.

HTH,
Carsten

Back to the top