[equinox-dev] issue with optional imports

Hey!

I have an issue with optionally imported packages and I have no idea what is exactly going on or how to diagnose this in more detail.
We have a bundle that defines Import-Package, marked as optional.

org.apache.maven.project;resolution:=optional

There is a bundle (org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime) that exports this package and everything is wired just fine.
Now I install a new version of m2e and therefore the exporting bundle is updated to a new version.

But after the update, the optional package import is not wired again. I would expect this to be wired to the new version of that org.eclipse.m2e.maven.runtime bundle, but that doesn’t happen. There are no other bundles in the system that export this package. A “diag <bundleID>” (with the bundle ID of the importing bundle) doesn’t return anything.

Any idea what might be going on? All this is on Equinox 3.10.1.v20140909-1633 (Luna SR1, I think).
Or any idea how to investigate this in more detail?

(I already tried to restart Eclipse with -clean, but the result is the same, the optional import isn’t wired and I don’t see a potentially package-use conflict anywhere)

Thanks a lot for your help!
-Martin

Back to the top