[equinox-dev] Serious problems with EE Java 1.8 (and EE resolving in general) on Luna

Hi,

I'm encountering strange problems with Luna M6 and EE 1.8. The scenario
is like this:

We provide a prebuilt distro where bundles require an EE of 1.8 if I
download this distro and launch the IDE with a JDK 1.7 naturally those
bundles do not resolve but stay in the INSTALLED state and a diag
appropriately tells me

> osgi> diag 205
> org.eclipse.fx.core [205]
>   Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8))"
>
> osgi>

Everything ok but now the strange thing starts to happen. If I shutdown
the IDE and then launch with JDK8 the bundles do not get resolved either
and diag reports the same problem so it looks like the resolve is cached!

BTW the same is true the other way round as well:
* Launch with Java8 (EE 1.8 bundles are RESOLVED)
* Launch with Java7 (EE 1.8 bundles are STILL RESOLVED)

I think this is a major Bug in Equinox on Luna!

Tom

Back to the top