Subsystems is a rather involved specification to implement.  Unless someone already has an impl just ready to contribute I don't see one becoming available in eclipse for some time.  I know Glyn Normington was thinking of providing an implementation in Virgo at some point, but I don't think that made it anywhere.  In the mean time you could consider pulling in the Apache Aries subsystems implementation into orbit.  This implementation runs well on Equinox and uses Equinox regions as an implementation detail for providing the isolation required for subsystems.

Tom

[1] http://projects.eclipse.org/projects/rt.equinox/releases/4.4.0

Inactive hide details for Scott Lewis ---12/19/2013 12:38:45 PM---Hi, I'm interested in whether there are any desires and/or plScott Lewis ---12/19/2013 12:38:45 PM---Hi, I'm interested in whether there are any desires and/or plans for Equinox

From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/19/2013 12:38 PM
Subject: [equinox-dev] subsystem spec

I'm interested in whether there are any desires and/or plans for Equinox
to implement the EEG Subsystem Spec (chap 134) in Luna or post
timeframe?   I went to the Equinox plan [1] and something seems to be
wrong with accessing the page right now so I couldn't see whether it's
in the project plan or not.

I suppose this could also be considered a question for the entire RT
project as well...although I don't know what other RT project would be a
candidate for subsystem spec impl.

The reason I ask:  ECF would like to consume an Equinox-based impl of
the subsystem spec...and use it for/with our impl of the RS/RSA specs.
For example to make provider distribution/installation/configuration easier.

Thanks,

Scott

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=rt.equinox