Re: [equinox-dev] simpleconfigurator on other frameworks?

Although simpleconfigurator has no 'p2' in its namespace it is maintained by the p2 team.  So this may be a better question for p2-dev.  That being said I know that simple configurator has a goal to not depend on anything out side of the framework.  It is driven by the content of bundles.info.  The bundles.info file is managed by the rest of p2 (or anything else, simpleconfigurator does not care who manages that file as long as it uses the the expected syntax/format).  Others from p2 may be able to point you to some efforts from a while back to run p2 on other frameworks besides Equinox.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Scott Lewis ---07/23/2013 03:34:37 PM---Hi Folks, A couple of questions about simpleconfigurator (andScott Lewis ---07/23/2013 03:34:37 PM---Hi Folks, A couple of questions about simpleconfigurator (and simpleconfigurator

From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/23/2013 03:34 PM
Subject: [equinox-dev] simpleconfigurator on other frameworks?

Hi Folks,

A couple of questions about simpleconfigurator (and simpleconfigurator
manipulator):

1) I see from a casual look at the dependencies that it only imports
org.osgi packages...does this mean that SC/SCM can run on other
frameworks (e.g. Felix)?
2) I assume that simple configurator depend upon FrameworkAdmin
service...is that right?  What other services does it depend upon?
3) Is there a web/wiki page that has docs WRT these questions and/or
others?   I found [1], but it's maybe a little dated (?)

thanksinadvance,

Scott

[1]
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Configurator