Re: [equinox-dev] Use equinox "application admin" in felix

Hi Neil,

thanks a lot i. Tried your idea and the bundles became started properly so far. But had do add a lot of other equinox bundles too. So things became complicated.

Maybe there is a different implementation for Application Admin that does not depend on implementation details of underlying OSGi framework? I tried to find one, but equinox seems to be the one and only open source impl of it.

Or maybe there is a different way to implement my feature. I studied the OSGi specs properly but could not find one except application admin.

I am using CM and ManagedFactories to create ServiceInstances. For instance a jetty service instance (my own; not the equinox one) on port 8080 and one on port 9090. These services are available in the service registry. And the services offer methods for startJetty and stopJetty. It would be simple to write a ManagerService that tracks all jetty services. And additionally writing a console command to tell the manager to start and stop them.
But thats would become a propietary implementation. So i am looking for an osgi spec to achieve exactly that behaviour. And application admin seems to be perfect. It would allow me to tell the framework, that the jetty service should start its jetty instance in a controlled manner.
Is there a different osgi like (spec based) way to implement that behaviour.

Thanks a lot,
Florian