[equinox-dev] Breaking change for Luna Equinox Weaving: IWeavingServiceFactory.createWeavingService takes a BundleDescription

Now that Martin has gotten the Equinox weaving hooks back to a functional state on the new Equinox framework I want to go back to my original question:

For Luna will it be very disruptive if we introduce a breaking API change for the implementers of the  org.eclipse.equinox.service.weaving.IWeavingServiceFactory interface?  Again the suggestion is to change the following method:
IWeavingServiceFactory.createWeavingService(
ClassLoader loader,
Bundle bundle,
State resolverState,
BundleDescription bundleDesciption,
ISupplementerRegistry supplementerRegistry);

to the following signature:

IWeavingServiceFactory.createWeavingService(
ClassLoader loader,
Bundle bundle,
BundleRevision bundleRevision,
ISupplementerRegistry supplementerRegistry);

Basically replacing the State and BundleDescrption params with a BundleRevision.  We could also get rid of the Bundle param since the bundleRevision is a BundleReference and will have a getBundle() method for getting the actual Bundle object.

Tom

Back to the top